You don't need to be a software developer to contribute to Apache Stratos. To be successful this project requires a huge range of different skills, levels of involvement and degrees of technical expertise. So, if you want to get involved in Apache Stratos, there is almost certainly a role for you.
We are looking for people to:
- provide feedback
- write or update documentation
- help new users
- recommend the project to others
- test the code and report bugs
- fix bugs and [submit patches] 
- give us feedback on required features
- write and update the software
- create artwork
- translate to different languages
- anything you can see that needs doing
All of these contributions help to keep a project active and strengthen the community. The project team and the broader community will therefore welcome and encourage participation, and attempt to make it as easy as possible for people to get involved.
Your first engagement with the project should be to subscribe to our mailing lists.